The National Association of Women Business Owners, Chicago Area Chapter, propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social, and political spheres of power.
NAWBO Chicago propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social and political spheres of power worldwide, and provides education, support and opportunity development through all phases of the business growth cycle.
In principle and in practice the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) values and seeks a diverse and inclusive membership. NAWBO shall seek full participation in the organization by all women business owners regardless of race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. NAWBO’s goal is to fully represent the diverse make-up of the women business owner community through increased representation within ethnic and minority communities and to expand access to leadership opportunities.
Did You Know . . .
- The Chicago Area Chapter is among the largest of NAWBO’s more than 70 chapters in the U.S.
- The Chapter’s more than 400 members represent businesses in all major industrial, service and retail sectors.
- Formed in 1978, Chicago NAWBO provides women business owners with leadership, education, procurement and networking opportunities. It also serves as a voice for its members on economic, social and public policy issues.
- Chapter members represent a variety of races and backgrounds and come from all areas of business including service, manufacturing and retail. Member companies vary in size from one employee to several hundred.
- The organization’s signature events are the Annual Celebration of Achievement Luncheon (held each spring), the Annual Meeting/Installation (held each June) and the THRIVE Conference (held each fall in conjunction with Crain’s Small Business Week). These are the largest events of the year, and you won’t want to miss them!
- To recognize and encourage the talents of its members, the Chapter annually honors the NAWBO Woman Business Owner of the Year and Member of the Year and presents a New Venture Award for the most promising new business.